Sunday, March 26, 2006

the inwood 3rd ward elders quorum meets for the 63rd time.

nathan shares an inspirational thought about the sanctity of the body.

brother turley from the high council comes to our quorum to release clay and corey as elders quorum counselors and to sustain and set apart bremen and stephen.

i'm so grateful for great counselors.

clay, bremen, and stephen bear their testimonies.

bremen says that, as a reporter, he stays out of the limelight, observes, and asks questions when necessary.

"i'm grateful to the savior for making me who i am," he says humbly.

"why wouldn't i want to serve a bunch of guys who give me black eyes?" stephen wisecracks.

we have a great presidency meeting that lasts about an hour. i usually try to limit them to a half. fun makes time fly.

stephen shares moroni 9:6: we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of god.

with so little time left, i feel the urgency.

my new counselors are incredible. i dig their ideas about redeeming the dead and sharing the gospel. and they offer to help me with needs meeting.

i go home briefly and leave quickly to visit one of the brothers.

on my way home, collin calls me and tells me a brother who has been visiting our ward is going to get baptized.

on the last sunday of the month, i ask the shepherds to send me their needs meeting adventures by midnight. i receive three emails and one call.

i love my calling.

ecclesiastes 3:1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home